HT_IMG_7150

SCHEDULE – DAY 1

Date: 12.06.2015

11.30 p.m.: Lion’s Run Official kick off party at P1 Club

P1 CLUB

Munich’s most legendary and most traditional night club looks back on 60 years of history. In what is now called the »Golden Bar« inside of the Art Gallery (Haus der Kunst), the Officer’s Club was opened in 1949. Amongst US soldiers stationed in Munich it was soon known as »P-one« – as an abbreviation for “Prinzregentenstraße 1”.

In the Sixties the Greek Alecco turned the officers’ club into a night club called art studio (Künstleratelier) and led it to fame and glory. He coined the still valid basic idea of the P1 and its’ guiding principle: »Being hip is a temporary phenomenon, being the best is an art.

Seven years after the last major redesign the traditional club is once again facing an exciting development. For a whole year P1 used the theater hall of the Museum of Art (Haus der Kunst) as a temporary club location. The premises in the basement were transformed into an exceptional club scene. The grand re-opening took place in autumn 2010. Thus, the P1 has cemented its’ place in the ranks of international top clubs for years to come.